DEBRA VILLASANA
DEBRA VILLASANA
  • Mc Kinney, TX

Ways to clean low & high when elderly.

MicheleMicheleLisa S.
+9

I'm 60. 👵 I need suggestions/ ideas on how to clean baseboards w/o bending? What can help with cabinet doors that won't stay closed? How to manage very little closet space with 3 teenagers & a Grandmother in the same home? And how to clean mini blinds that are approx. 10 - 12 ft. high? I can no longer bend or climb. Thanks for any suggestions or ideas! 👍

• Stacey

Yon can use you mop or swifter with those changeable pads. God for clean the walls too.
  • Stacey

Good for the wall too! Sorry about the spelling
  • Ebbjdl

Start with a dust mop for the baseboards. Check the hinges on the cabinets, they might be loose. Have your teenagers do some housework on Saturday, they have to learn sometime.

• Nancy Nardone

get the teenagers to take down the miniblinds and wash them in the bathtub
  • Bijous

1. Get poster board and magic marker. 2. Mark off the days of the week. 3. Assign each teenager a cleaning task. Done.

4. Ebbjdl is correct, the hinges are probably loose. Have the 3 teens figure out how to tighten.

5. Reward teens for jobs well done with a great dessert and a hug.
  • Joan Trivane

I clean my baseboards with a mop that is wrung out well, no bending, use white vinegar And a small drop of dawn dish soap with hot water. Does a great job.
  • Rosalie Rogers

Cabinet doors that do not stay closed, and I learned from experience, is a simple adjustment on the hinges which over time will get out of whack. I must admit though that I had my son take care of this.
  • Lisa S.

Long handled cleaner with furry cleaner at end. Great to dust woodwork without bending over and to get high spaces. As for closets, make use of every space. IT can help to have the bars moved so you have an upper an lower bar . Under bed storage units are great. AND put the teens to work!!
  • Michele

You can buy extension poles of different lengths. Some pivot. I have different types to clean windows and walls
  • Michele

Kids NEED chores and one of them is called "ask what else u can do".