Need to make my own extension for a black stainless steel hood duct?

TarinaMitchell thompson2dogal
+1

I purchased black stainless steel appliances including a range hood with the chimney type style. I have approximately a 9.5 foot ceiling. The duct cover does extend far enough. I am about 12 inches short to reach ceiling. They do make extension kits in stainless but not black stainless. It is a Samsung range hood. They do sell the additional pieces for $400 or more. I am looking for a more practical way to solve this problem.
Samsung NK30K7000WG/AA Black stainless
  • 27524803

you could build a wooden "soffit" to fit above the hood... then cover it with tile to match your back splash... a line of fancy trim tile or molding would help make it look like you intended to do it that way
  • 2dogal

You can buy black ducts used for wood stoves in various diameters.
  • Mitchell thompson

Find a roofing company that has a metal shop , they may be able to make one for you . Make your measurements from the outside and pop rivet together
  • Tarina

We are having the same issue right now. Where did you find more pieces to purchase? We've searched everywhere with no luck.