What can I do with old magazines besides recycle?

Lina SplichalSpudBreadMpe6282070
+4

• Lisa S.

I was involved in a magazine exchange for a number of years, prior to people moving away. I would trade with one person and gets hers - then I would pass hers along to a third person. It was great, as I got to view a lot of magazines I did not subscribe to. One of the women then took hers to the nursing home her mother in law was in. When the mother in law read them they then went to other residents. Other ideas include- hospitals, nursing homes, prisons, waiting rooms of state agencies and clinics. None of the groups have the budget to subscribe to magazines. They don' have to be the most recent for others to enjoy them. I have seen some libraries bundle them up and sell them as a find raiser - example they put a bundle of home decorators magazines together and sell them as a bindle for a $1.00 or so.
  • Amanda

You can make baskets! Or donate to libraries or schools!
  • Johnavallance82

Use for Decoupage.....
  • Mpe6282070

I take them to an Oncologists' office for the chemo room....
  • SpudBread

GET RID OF THEM! It just makes for more clutter in your home, and an albatross hanging around your neck. IF there are specific articles or information there that you MUST have, for some untold reason ... scan the article and save it in a computer file on a thumb drive ... THEN recycle the rest!
  • Lina Splichal

Tear or cut glossy pages into strips, wind around wire or toothpicks and glue end. When dry use as beads. May be painted. Fold into door stops. Donate to daycares/schools/after school programs for art projects.