Sidney Overcash
Sidney Overcash
  • Mountain View, CA

Wall paint

Bit By Bit ShopRoxanegBijous
+4

I have an area on the outside of my home I want to paint a black square on the brick area between the shutters to make my sun man stand out more and to add a few other thing to draw my Focus to the area what type of paint should I buy
q wall paint
  • 27524803

instead of painting the tile... make a painted 'back board" using a square cut from a sheet of siding ... hang it on your wall then hang the sun man on it... once you paint the brick it will be harder to remove the paint than to take down the back board
  • Johnavallance82

Brick and Tile Paint. Masonry Paint ..............
  • Lisa S.

NO Don't do it. The sun is just a temporary decoration - but you will ruin the brick forever. This will seriously decrease the resale value of your home. Consider taking the sun down and mounting on a large piece of wood, for which you have painted it black. Then put it back up on the same nail.
  • Bijous

I think you'll be sorry you painted just a square of brick. I'd have quarter inch plywood cut to your desired size at one of the box stores, paint that black and hang behind the sun.
  • Roxaneg

You could put up rustic wood planks behind the sun to set it off more rather than painting the brick. I agree with the others who have suggested a piece of plywood painted black upon which you mount the sun.
  • Bit By Bit Shop

You could hang a thick, chunky frame around your sun man. You could then add flowers or other decorations to the frame. Once you paint the brick there is no going back.