Christine
Christine
  • Augusta, GA

Any ideas how to store my scarves that I wear on my head? It's 40-50

Lora tillmanFlipturnFL
+5

• Liz Toone

most of mine are folded and placed it in a drawer. I do have a few of the more delicate ones that I put on hangers in my closet I just fold them on the rod of the hanger. Would this work for you?
  • Chubby58

Not sure if you want to purchase one or make your own. Here is one on Amazon link.
    If you want to make one, you could use the rings off of mason or ball jars, attach them together with zip ties, secure them on a coat hanger once you have attached them. Then run your scarfs through the rings.
  • Flipturn

I would not recommend using mason jar rings, as
    - they will be very clangy and noisy, jangling from the hangers
    -they will not hold their horizontal place on the hanger without sliding over each other, and the scarves will not hang down straight
    -it is not easy to find second hand rings that are clean, and not rusty, in this large amount
    -they often have burrs or rough spots that may snag the fibres
    -the sharp hard edges of the zip ties also may snag the fibres
  • How about this? I have 7 of them for my regular scarves and for my hat scarves. Some are from Joy Mangano huggable hangers on HSN and some are from Big Lots.

• B. Enne

I have some on a scarf hanger,
    but shower curtain rings on a hanger work better.
  • FL

Lots of scarves! Try this coat hanger device that others have alluded to making yourself with shower rings, sold everywhere, $5.80 at Walmart. Check the pic:
  • Flipturn

This style of hanger might work better for head scarves, as they are larger and wider than the narrower neck style. The rods on these hangers unhook at one side and the rod swings open for neat draping.
  • Lora tillman

you can hang them with shower rings that are fixed on a coat hanger