Does anyone know how to get a watermark off of an old wood table top?

Mike RamseyAmy28922437Lora tillman
+5

A vase was left with water under it unknowingly for a while and left this water ring. We have tried everything we know of to get rid of it. Does anyone know of a way to bring back the original beauty of the wood?
q does anyone know how to get a watermark off of an old wood table top
  • FL

"When asked how to remove a large watermark from a wood table, Woodworkers Guild of America recommends placing a clean dish cloth over the affected area and running a warm (not hot!) iron over the cloth for 30-60 seconds, increasing the heat if necessary. Others recommend rubbing the area with a clean cloth dipped in alcohol (except on shellacked surfaces) or using a mixture of baking soda and toothpaste for the job. The truth of the matter is, however, that preventing watermarks on wood is much easier than removing them. Here's what the professionals recommend to keep wood surfaces beautiful and watermark-free:" Read more here: https://www.proreferral.com/hg/how-remove-and-prevent-watermarks-wood/
  • V Smith

I just recently read that warm air from a hair dryer might help.
  • Clök Concept

I read somewhere that bleach would do the trick... When the color is as you want it to be, use vinegar to stop the effect of the bleach. I would try it somewhere else before... Like under the table.
  • JaneGibe

Mayonnaise. put a bit onto a rag...then gently apply the mayonnaise directly to the stained area.... Let it sit for at least an hour or as long as overnight..reapplying the mayonnaise if the initial coating dries out. If there is no mayonnaise in your fridge..petroleum jelly may be used ...the idea is for the oil in them to seep into the finish...and revive the area moisture has got to... If seeing some results but want to give this a try bringing cigarette ashes .... I read that the penetrating power of oil works best when combined with the abrasiveness of cigarette ashes... I have used also Toothpaste.. not the gel but the paste.. just a tad on a small area and rub gently... I use to refinish furniture and a old Auctioneer told me a few of his tricks.. Best Wishes...
  • Lora tillman

you might try mineral oil.
  • Amy28922437

I have used toothpaste (must be paste, not gel) to successfully remove water marks on my dining table.
  • Mike Ramsey

Sandpaper