Linda G
Linda G
  • Orlando, FL

Circle of Love Garden Sun Catcher

Today is my daughters birthday and I wanted to dedicate this beautiful crystal sun catcher to her because she is indeed the center of our lives and surrounded by love. I hung it in the center of our patio. Really simple to make, took approx. 1 hour. Lots of fun!
circle of love garden sun catcher, crafts, gardening, outdoor living
On garden arch
On garden arch
5" diameter and 7 3/4" long. You can make it any size and with any crystal beads.
I used 18 gauge wire.Monofilament line for the center tassel.Needle, round pliers andwire cutters. I used 14 crystals and 37 acrylic beads.
Cut 20" of wire. Make center circle about dime size. On each side, string on 6 crystals and 6 acrylic beads- alternate.
On one end make loop, other end bend up 90 degrees.
Place looped end over straight end. Then bend and loop over to secure. cut excess wire.
For inside circle: Cut 15" of wire. Insert end of wire and make loop inside center circle.  Then string on  22 acrylic beads.
For inside circle: Cut 15" of wire. Insert end of wire and make loop inside center circle. Then string on 22 acrylic beads.
Insert other end into center and make loop to close. Cut off excess wire.
Cut 5" of wire, make loop and hook on to top of center loop.
String on crystals and beads
String on crystals and beads
Make center tassel with monofilament fishing line.
Tie on to the inside center loops
Tie on to the inside center loops
Ready to hang. The next one I do will have a butterfly in the center. :-) Enjoy!!

• MK McDonald

Did you end up giving it to her? Does she love it? It's very pretty.

• Linda G

Yes, She loves it. She preferred that we hang it in our home garden. Thank you

• Sam Bo

Hi, nice sun catcher. I wanted you to know that you have a gift of describing how to create and rarely have I come across directions and come away knowing exactly what to do to recreate item. I am addicted to hometalk and DIY but so often I am unable to follow parts or all of a DIY project because there are things either left out or unexplained so it is difficult to make or DIY. You are a natural and could have a following because of this ability. I wish you the best and hope to find more of your teachings on here!

• Linda G

Thank you so much for your compliment. Very nice of you and appreciated more than you know. I hope you create one, two or more. :-) !

• Anna

I've been making these for my birds, for years, with just a single hoop, like a little swing. Once the wire is bent into a circle, the beads don't spin. I hang little clusters of them around the house, so as I'm working I have a place to perch them. I hang 2-3 along with hanging votive candles or lanterns (with flameless candles). I love yours, & that it's outside. Your garden is wonderful. I would love to know where you found that garden arch, & that adorable fish planter! Thanks for sharing this.

• Ali

It looks so beautiful. I will give your project a go . Thankyou for the inspiration.