An easy way for cleaning Venetian blinds?

Car30888386Joan Whitcomb ThompsonMcgypsy9
+3

• Rose Broadway

It kind of depends on how dirty the are. I have some in the garage windows that are beyond dirty. Going to have to take them outside, soap them down and turn the hose on them like in the second video! Happy cleaning!
    q an easy way fir cleaning venetian blinds
  • Catherine Anspaugh

I turn them in one direction. Then use a bucket of warm water with a couple of drops of Dawn dish liquid. Use a well wrong out cloth and wipe from left to right to the bottom. Then flip the blind to the other side and do the same.
  • Ginny

Take them down and wash in the bathtub or take outside and hose them down after spraying with a cleaner.
  • Mcgypsy9

if you need to take them down to clean them, I generally take them outside and lay them on the driveway so the slats are all in the same direction. I get a bucket of warm soapy water and use a broom to wash them down then hose them. I flip them over and do the same to the other side. Afterwards, I leave them to dry in the sun. They come out sparkling clean! If it’s cold outside, I do them in the bathtub the same way But stand them on one end to dry them.
  • Joan Whitcomb Thompson

I put a pressure rod in my shower, on the back wall--hand the blind--wet with hot water, spray with cleaner--scrub with (new) toilet brush--rinse---turn slats to other side..repeat

• Car30888386

I never thought of a pressure rod idea. thanks so much