Framing a mirror in my bathroom

Lifeisgood1191Linda SikutJohnavallance82
+3

• Catherine Anspaugh

Is it a mirror permanently attached to the wall? If so, use a mitre saw to cut 4 pieces to length and attach them to the wall with no more nails. Make sure you paint or stain before attaching to the wall.
  • Ebbjdl

What do you want to frame it in? How big is it?
  • Flipturn

If the mirror is wall-to-wall and there is no room on the sides, then the frame pieces will have to be installed directly on top of the glass. This will be the hard part to get the pieces to adhere, and to stay in place during cleaning, and the high humidity of the bathroom.

There are mirror "framing" kits that you can purchase. Are there any Hometalkers out there who have experience using these?
  • Johnavallance82

Wallpaper Border
  • Linda Sikut

I've been wondering about this same project. I want to put a border on my large mirror. When we put it up in 1970's, it was not a builders mirror. Very few people had one but now it's different. My plan is to use vinyl 'trim' because the mirror is really to heavy to lift off the wall. I don't want to use wood because I'm concerned that the mirror will come down crashing down. Someone else suggested to me to use the vinyl available at Lowes. That makes more sense to me. Perhaps it can help you too. I'm planning on putting it directly on the mirror because the mirror is hung and I don't want to force it to the wall. One tip to remember is to pain both sides of the trim because the reflection of the mirror will show the back side.

Good luck with your project.
  • Lifeisgood1191

The hardware stores carry boarders made out of wood. They come in different designs and widths.