Easy Melt & Pour Lime and Cedarwood Soap With Chia Seeds

$15

I’ve been having so much fun making different varieties of easy melt & pour soaps and wanted to create one combing lime and cedarwood essential oils, and trying chia seeds as an exfoliant. I also wanted it to sparkle, so I used some gold mica powder as well (which I also used in my Rose Lavender Soap that turned out amazing!) If you’ve never tried making your own melt and pour soap making, you’ll be shocked at how easy it is. You can use natural and organic soap bases so you know you are making toxic free soap. These make absolutely wonderful gifts!
Here are the materials you need to make your own Lime, Cedarwood and Chia Seed Soap:

• 2 lb block of Organic Clear Glycerin Soap
  • Silicone Mold    for 12 bars
  • Lime Essential Oil (I used Aura Cacia brand, but there are many to choose from on Amazon)
  • Cedarwood  Essential Oil(I used Aura Cacia brand, but there are many to choose from on Amazon)
  • Yellow & Blue Liquid Soap Color
  • Gold mica powder
  • Microwave Safe Glass Measuring Cup w/ Spout (having 2 on hand is easier for this recipe)
  • small spray bottle filled with isopropyl alcohol
  • Decorative tulle, and/or ribbon (optional)
This is enough to make 12 bars
Start by cutting up the glycerin soap into smaller cubes and placing them in your microwave safe glass measuring cup.  My Pyrex cup can only hold one pound of soap at a time – (half of what you ordered) which is enough to make 6 bars.  Two pounds will give you 12 bars total.
When your soap is cut into cubes, place in the microwave for (3) 30 second intervals, stirring in between each interval.  You may need a 4th time, depending on how full your cup is of soap.  Just be sure the soap is completely melted.
Then you will need to add 5 drops of yellow soap coloring and just one drop of blue soap coloring to get this shade of green.
Then add just 1/4 tsp of gold mica powder.  That will give this soap the perfect shimmery shade of lime green.
For the scent I added 7 drops of Texas Cedarwood and 12 drops of lime.  That is for a subtle aroma.  If you want your soap to smell stronger, then I'd recommend doubling that amount.
Then add 1 tsp of chia seeds and stir until blended.
Pour your melted soap into your bar mold.  If you want to be sure your bars of soap do not have any bubbles on the bottom, then give your soap a quick squirt of diluted isopropyl alcohol and that will get rid of the bubbles for a nice smooth bottom.  Let this cool untouched for a few hours until the soap is coll and hardened.
The chia seeds will mostly settle to the bottom while the soap hardens.  But I like the texture of the chia seeds at the top and the shimmery sparkles of the mica powder throughout.  This soap smells amazing with its combo of fruity and woodsy scents.
I finished them off by decorating them with some green tulle and gold leaf ribbon.   It will be hard for me to part with, since I made this batch for Christmas gifts!
Click over to my blog post (click blue "Go" button below) and you can also get FREE PRINTABLE SOAP LABELS pictured above! Cut these out and wrap them around each soap to make a beautiful finishing touch!

• 2 lb block of Organic Clear Glycerin Soap  (http://amzn.to/2k6In4o)
  • Silicone Mold for 12 bars  (http://amzn.to/1OT6BI3)
  • Lime Essential Oil  (http://amzn.to/2y0XuCu)

Maura White