Which rugs should I choose and where should I put them?

+8
Hi, I posted questions about these particular rooms before. Slowly but surely I'm adding some color (except painting cabinets white). I have decided after some suggestions to add an area rug to each room. I've come up with 3 options that tie the colors of the rooms and window treatments together. Although I love the rug colors I wanted some advice on whether these rugs are too busy for the rooms. Which two rugs would you go with and in which rooms? Thanks for any and all advice!
q which rugs where, flooring, home decor, living room ideas, window treatments, New paint fixtures and drapery in kitchen
New paint, fixtures and drapery in kitchen.
q which rugs where, flooring, home decor, living room ideas, window treatments
q which rugs where, flooring, home decor, living room ideas, window treatments, New drapery moved mirror on top of fireplace
New drapery...moved mirror on top of fireplace..
q which rugs where, flooring, home decor, living room ideas, window treatments, Area rug option 1
Area rug option 1
q which rugs where, flooring, home decor, living room ideas, window treatments, Area rug option 2
Area rug option 2
q which rugs where, flooring, home decor, living room ideas, window treatments, area rug option 3
area rug option 3
  • Katie Katie on Mar 09, 2014
    #3 in your living room…as large as you can get; and #1 under your dining table. They're all very nice. Where did you find them?
    • Heather Bastianelli Heather Bastianelli on Mar 09, 2014
      @Katie they are on Wayfair.com and are quite reasonably priced! Thank you for your suggestion! They are Shaw Al Fresco brands...
  • Kara Spurlock Kara Spurlock on Mar 09, 2014
    I vote for #2 in the living room! think the light colored background will keep the room airy and light!
  • Lori J Lori J on Mar 09, 2014
    First I have to say your fixtures are really beautiful. #1 is just too much for my taste, but I think Katie and Kara are right on the money with their suggestions.
  • Lee R Lee R on Mar 10, 2014
    I prefer 1 for the dining room and 2 for the living room. 2 will lighten up the living room.
  • Wahoo Wahoo on Mar 14, 2014
    #2 for the dining room to reflect the light. #3 for the living room. The first one would be fine as a pillow but that's it.
  • Janis Hill Janis Hill on Mar 15, 2014
    #1 in the dining area. It will be less likely to show stains if food is accidently dropped. #3 in the living room. It will ground the space, but won't show foot traffic dirt. #2 is beautiful, but will show dirt and wear quickly because of the white background
  • Bonne C Bonne C on Apr 27, 2014
    #2 dining room and #3 for the living room. Can't wait to see after pictures
  • Jcw Jcw on Jun 25, 2014
    Since it seems most answers have different combinations, I felt I would offer my own. LOL I feel with the windows in the DR, there is plenty of light. I would use #3, the color of the drapes would bring that color out in the rug more than the others. Of course I am working on pictures, but I assume you already checked colors of drapes with your samples. Also I like #2 for LR, it does seem to be dark in the picture and this light background would add more light. If you chose these two, I would leave larger space btw the two rugs than you currently show. Good Luck
  • Lizzy Bean Lizzy Bean on Jun 27, 2014
    I am finding choosing a rug to be one of my biggest challenges. I just can't seem to chose the correct rug.
  • Mickey Baron Mickey Baron on Dec 15, 2015
    Put the busy one in the dining room. I'd go with #3. #2 is too large a floral scale. In the living room, use a seagrass, with a subtle design in it, keeping it neutral. All 3 rugs are too loud for the living room.