Ceiling fans?

Alice Elaine LordFauxgalNancy Turner
+3

Hi, how/would you put up two different color ceiling fans in a screened in back patio? Large area, above table bronze and in sitting area silver. Thanks
q ceiling fans
q ceiling fans
  • Kim

Hi Barb, I am a little confused as to what you are asking. I see that you have the ceiling fans picked out and you know where you want them. I see that you had fixtures in the spots that you want your new fans, so the wiring is already there. The instructions for installation should come with your fans. (which are really cool looking btw!)
    Are you asking if the two colors will work? I say, if you like them and it’s your space, do it!
    : )
  • Call an electrician to install for you if you do not already have ceiling fixtures in place. I like mixing metals, go for it!
  • B. Enne

I personally would use one of the 2 colours, but it is your place, so if you want to do it! They will be far enough apart. If they are both the same style, even better.
    I just spray painted a new light fixture. DH thought I was nuts, until he saw it. It now blends in with another one that was already up, and I couldn't get the colour I wanted. Of course if it dies, I can't return it.
  • Nancy Turner

Since you don't have lights on the ceiling where you want them, you will have to see if they can be mounted to the ceiling and run the power cord to an outlet, or have an electrician put up what is needed to get electricity to it. Where you buy the ceiling fans should be able to discuss that with you as to your options.
  • Fauxgal

You will need to pull the wiring over to the area for the second fan and cut a hole. If you don't know how, you will need an electrician.
  • Alice Elaine Lord

Just spray paint both to match.