FlCEZ
FlCEZ

Help, What's wrong with my Succulent?

Hob22826375Dru26407630Brenda H
+25

About 3 weeks ago the lower 2/3 of plant started drooping.
Same watering routine; same location; same amount of light/sun. (Florida -on my patio)
The drooping leaves are still firm and the base of plant appears in good condition.
A diagnosis or advice would be greatly appreciated .
Thank you!
q help what s wrong with my succulent

overwatered. succulents like to be on the dry side
  • Nancy

It has "wet feet".
    Succulents need excellent drainage. It should be in a container with holes that allow all of the water to run out completely. It should not be kept with plants that need more water than it does (as appears to be your plants' home). Repot it in a terra cotta pot with holes and it should inprove. It should also need only about a teaspoon or water a month or so, depending on your conditions.
    • Mar22764180

My husband brought one of those home. I knew it was in the jade family and that succulents & cacti do not like too much water, but I never got to transplant mine from the original container, which had a lot of drainage. One day about a week later the entire thing had shed all its leaves, and the stalk was falling over. Still do not know what happened. I have had this happen to 3 of this type jade.
  • Frances P Johnson

It could be just ready for a bigger pot. Jade plants can go bad quickly . Also, those leaves will naturally fall off. I would take it out of the shallow dish and give it its own home. A 4-6" pot ill work nicely . When the leaves fall off, stick each one in the new soil. You may get a new plant ! Best of luck.....
  • Poirier Lina-Lise

To much water, wait to see. Excuse my english
  • Wendy

Good luck!
  • Melody

I agree too much water and needs to be transferred to bigger pot.
  • FlCEZ

Thank you to everyone!
  • Barb57

Absolutely too much water....I water my succulents once a month and very moderately....they all look fabulous
  • Frances P Johnson

You are very welcome . Do not be surprised if the plant droops after replanting. A small stake to hold it up will help. In a few days , it will stand on its own.
  • Mona Zaky

looks like too much water.
  • Ann

You need a large pot and when transplanted new soil. I put 1 inch of rocks in bottom for good drainage, I inch sand, then cactus soil. Never had a problem with too much water. I was told how to take care of cactus and their cousins by a florist years ago. Once a month 1/4 cup water mke sure it drains well.
  • Hob22826375

Do you fertilize?
  • Donna L. Woolman

It heard the hurricane was coming. Kidding... I think it's roots may be too wet. Let it dry out some before watering.
  • FlCEZ

• Ran8959742

Too much water.
  • Patti Cardinal

besides maybe too much water, it looks like all of the plants in that pot would appreciate more light.

• Brenda H

Looks like mine have before they 'bloom'. They get tall and gangly, then it has ' babies'
    ( think spider plant) where it blooms. The head will fall over and the babies will start to take off.
  • Dru26407630

I have a lot of Jade plants and they do not like a lot of water and also do not like to be misted.
  • Hob22826375

Not real sure then. My plants are about 3 times bigger than my pots and pretty shallow. Jade plant now has what looks like flower buds on then. It is in a pot by itself. will try to send picture. Sorry I'm not much help.
  • Hob22826375

Mine are all in smaller than plant pots plant 3 times bigger than pot. Maybe needs close to south window.
  • Hob22826375

maybe give it more direct light. my plant is about 3 times bigger than my pot. sorry not much help.
  • Hob22826375

i forgot picture.