While making my home "wheel chair friendly",..

Kay fredricksShoshana

I have taken up my living room area rug, leaving my carpet spot free where the rug was laying, while the rest of the carpet around where it was dirty & stained. How do I "blend" the two areas so, the carpet doesn't have such contrast?

• Shoshana

How about creating a design on the carpet to blend it together? https://www.hometalk.com/13989381/how-to-stencil-paint-carpet
  • Kay fredricks

Clean the floor well and then do a light sanding job on all of it. Restain with a slightly darker stain than the darker wood that is present. Start staining on the area that is lightest that was under the rug and let that area dry. If it looks pretty close to the other area, then go ahead and put a second coat on that area and fade the edges into the other part of the flooring and do one coat on the darker flooring. Hopefully that will all make it blend together.