Best placement of full size bed with radiator in tiny bedroom

Cindy CarmichaelB. EnneV Smith
+2

• Catherine Anspaugh

I would definitely put it on the opposite wall to the radiator if possible. Having lived in a couple of houses with radiators, I know they can get really hot. Not something I would want to sleep next to.
  • V Smith

It really depens on how warm the room is and how warm you want it to be. Blocking the air flow to a radiator makes it less efficient. Having the side of the bed against a radiator makes it a pain in the butt to make the bed or for a second person to get out of the bed. If the bed must go against the radiator I would choose to put the headboard there, but dont block the sides.
  • B. Enne

All good points, when I was a student, I had my bed touching the rad, because my apartment was freezing. That's not an ideal spot, if the apartment/house is warm overall.
  • Cindy Carmichael

We have this in our (small) master bedroom. Because of doors, we are very limited on where we have our bed. We put a 3 x 4' panel under the bed/over the register top. The other end of the panel is supported by a couple of small containers of the same height as the register. This promotes more air flow, assuming you don't have a dust ruffle that would hold the heat under the bed.