Ladder Chandelier Tutorial

$120

If you're familiar with Liz Marie, you are well aware of her beautiful ladder chandelier! I wanted to create something like that but that fit in our kitchen over our island. Because we live in an old farmhouse, I wanted a primitive look, and chose to go with mason jar pendant lights. I found a light that had three pendants combined as one light with adjustable length cord and went with it!
This tutorial is very basic and can be customized with your own light and/or twist. I have links to all products used on my blog, down to the cup hooks. You can visit that here.
Step 1: Hang your light! Follow the instructions that should have came with it. We were replacing an old light that was here and were able to reuse the existing electrical box and mounting hardware that was already there.
Step 2: Install your cup hooks on each end of your ladder. There should be (4) total and this is what they chain will extend down and hang on to holding your ladder up.
Step 3: Install your ceiling hooks. There should be two of these. Make sure these are equidistant apart from the light fixture as well as the same distance apart as your cup hooks are on your ladder.
Step 4: Hang your chains on your cup hooks on your ladder, and then grab another person to help you hang your ladder. That's it! Super easy, isn't it?! Feel free to check out my blog below for more great projects and more in depth directions for how to create a ladder chandelier yourself!

• Ceiling Hooks
  • Cup Hooks
  • Decorative Chain

Hayden Scharrer

• Phil

Awesome
  • Lynne

lovely job!! something like this would be really expensive in the store