How to paint expensive (I think) Luminara Candles? I've heard of it.

EmilyIronhorse68450Shoshana

• Ironhorse68450

Do you mean candles that use batteries??
    • Pat Johnston

Yes. Sold on QVC. Also at Michael's, Hobby Lobby etc. I want colors that are not available. I think Lisa Robertson, formerly of QVC fame, mentioned she had painted her's. It was on Facebook but I do not subscribe to FB. I want to keep the paint off the "flame" and to not damage the flicker aspect. I love Luminara for their effect. People are often surprised they are not real . Thanks.
  • Emily

I just watched video. That is an experienced talented artist! However the process seems simple enough and I may try it for Xmas. It looks like she is using a bottle that has a brush in the top of it.
    • Pat Johnston

Sometimes I get total tunnel vision and cannot see past what I imagine. I was thinking Lisa Robertson used spray paint. Are there suggestions for spray painting the outside perimeter in a solid color without damaging the flame/flicker? Thanks.