Any ideas on how to repurpose old torn jeans

FlipturnRoxanegBrenda Raymond
+3

I have 5 pairs of jeans that are old and torn with holes ,any ideas on how to repurpose them , anything besides thrpwong them away would be of help, pocket books, bags, anything???

• Lin10075176

cut into squares and sew them into a blanket and get some fiberfill and another piece of material for the back and make into a quilt, or you can make placemats by putting them together in squares to the size you want .
  • 27524803

Try Pintrest... search "what to make with old jeans"
  • Brenda Raymond

I am making a cover for my iPad.....with the pocket on top for notes; stylus;etc
  • Roxaneg

I took the backsides with the pockets and made a set of wall pockets. . . It allows me to organize my mail, but I made one for my niece to organize some of her small toys and such.
  • Flipturn

Keep in mind that if you sew the denim pieces into anything that will be washed, you will need to bind the edges securely especially if they are cut against the grain, as they will shred and fray a great deal in the washer and dryer.

Either double up the pieces inside out, or fold under. Sewing with a denim needle will make the going much smoother through the thick denim.

There is also a little tool called a Hump-Jumper, or another brand, Jean-a-ma-Jig, which will make sewing through thick denim corners much easier.