Lynnette Soltwedel
Lynnette Soltwedel
  • Tutorial Team
  • Spartanburg, SC

Dog Bed Nightstand

$30
1 Day

My daughter-in-law has this nightstand that she no longer wanted...of course I brought it home! It sat in the garage along with all my other upcoming projects for several months....and then! Inspiration struck! It would make a really cute dog bed nightstand.
dog bed nightstand
Here she is...originally there was a door with glass in it, but my dil has taken that off and refinished it like this. I knew this look wouldn’t work for what I had in mind. So, I gave it a light sanding to rough up the old finish.
dog bed nightstand
Next up was the base coat. I chose this sunny yellow because I had the perfect grey chalk paint to use with it!
dog bed nightstand
After the base coat was dry, I carted it in to get the chalk painting done. I used this Heritage Collection (Cobblestone) all in one chalk paint.
dog bed nightstand
She was a little plain after I got the chalk paint done, so I grabbed my stencils and some yellow chalk paint. I put this cute little pattern all around the top. Once that dries, I distressed the top every so lightly with a fine grit sand paper.
dog bed nightstand
I wanted the detail to pop! So, I dry brushed some yellow chalk paint on to make the details a little more eye catching.
dog bed nightstand
I added contact paper to the inside back to make it easy to wipe down. Let’s face it, snotty noses leave a little mess. lol
dog bed nightstand
I purchased a cute little dog bed to put inside, and it is ready for a new home!

• Rustoleum spray paint  (Walmart)
  • Heritage collection chalk paint  (Free sample!)
  • Contact paper  (Walmart)

To see more: https://www.facebook.com/nettesemporium/

• Cheryl

Very cute. Any ventilation on sides or back?
  • Cheryl Biermann

I keep seeing these adorable makeovers for small pets, and this is one of the cutest. Not over done at all, just perfect. Can anyone think of something for big dogs? Something a collie would be comfy in? I welcome any ideas.
    • Theresa Buelman

Maybe find a old large floor TV and take out all the components. It may be large enough inside for a collie.

• Itsmemic

This is the cutest one ever !! I have 2 waiting for me to do...but...after taking the doors off the hinge part looks terrible. How did you fill that part in and make it disappear?
    • Itsmemic

thank you so much..I tried other things but never looked ok...off to get wood putty !! Thanks again..:)