Donna
Donna
  • Kearney, MO

This spring I bought coral bells and a bush rose that didn't get

DonnaHolly Kinchlea-Brown2dogal
+3

planted due to health reasons. Should I bring them in or plant them on the south side of the house and cover them with mulch???

• Catherine Anspaugh

Which part of the country do you live in?

If you live in a climate where the ground is still workable to plant get them in now.If you cannot plant them put up against the warmest side of the house and leave until next year.
  • Roxaneg

If I might add onto Janet Pizaro's advice, water them well when you put them out-- planted or in pot. They'll appreciate it.

Mulching will help retain moisture, so it won't hurt.

• 2dogal

You don't say where you live or the planting zone so I can't say for sure although normally, the best time to plant shrubs and rose bushes is in the early fall as they have time to adjust before they have to struggle with the summer heat. If you live in deep snow country, I'd check with my County Agricultural Extension Service.
  • Holly Kinchlea-Brown

Plant them now if you have approx 5-6 weeks before major fground freezing in your area
  • Donna

I live in Northern Missouri!!!