Lea Grossman
Lea Grossman
  • Hometalk Team
  • New Rochelle, NY

What is the best way to clean a dusty apartment?

Catherine AnspaughTazzyEbbjdl
+2

We live in a city, so we often get dust from the windows being open. What is the best way to clean it?

• Sam14162663

I believe you should invest in a good air cleaner. Also use a feather duster to
    wipe everything down quick. The dust that goes into the air, should be filtered
    by the the air cleaner.
    Sherry M.
  • Dfm

Micro fiber wash cloth...keeps the dust trapped.
  • Ebbjdl

Vaccum your screens or take them out and spray in the tub or shower with some dish soap, let dry. Clean your window sills with a soapy rag. Vaccum your furniture at least once a month. Next dust your floors with a dust mop, or if you have a rug, vaccum that at least once a week.
  • Tazzy

I live by a Industrial estate and Get Lots of dust come in from different Work places I have tried and tested many things over the years But What I find best Is To "Wet dust" it saves the particles becoming airborn and spreading.. I use a Multi surface wet wipe on most things I also use steam cleaners I find this great as I also have a medical condition COPD and not had a "flare up" since doing this .. Try it xx
  • Catherine Anspaugh

It sounds to me like you may need an air filter in your home. I have a special UV filter on my air conditioner to kill any spores and I also use 2 air filters. One on either end of the house.