REPURPOSE VINTAGE TINS

I did not set out to collect vintage tins, but I love floral patterns and collectible tins kept catching my eye at flea markets. They were so pretty and so cheap, that before I knew it I had a small collection!
Always looking for new ways to display flowers, I recently started putting my vintage tin cans to good use.
Old tin cans are not watertight, so I insert a large, wide-mouth drinking glass or small glass vase to hold the water. (Tip: Find inexpensive glass vases at your local dollar store.)
My blog:http://threedogsinagarden.blogspot.ca/
arranging flowers in vintage tins, flowers, gardening, home decor, repurposing upcycling
Use the height of the tin to help you gage the proper length for each of the flower stems.
Insert a florist's water pick for really small tins.
This tin cost me a whole $3. Doesn't it look pretty filled with daffodils and pansies!
Let the colors of the tin's decoration suggest the flower colors.
Quince in a red floral tin.
Quince in a red floral tin.

Three Dogs in a Garden

• Joan Smith

These are just beautiful! Could you tell me the story behind your three dogs in a garden?

• Jay B

@1 result is available, use up and down arrow keys to navigate.three dogs in a gardenMaybe a glass or plastic insert to actually do the planting? Also I had thought of melting wax and giving the inside a thick coating. ?

• Three Dogs in a Garden

@Jay B I do have a few tin buckets that have plastic liners and they do work well. I just remove the potted plant whenever I want to water, let the water drain through and then place the plant back in the tin bucket. If you don't have a liner you might use a plastic sandwich bag as a liner so the tin doesn't rust from the plant pot's damp bottom. Wax might work, but I have never tried it.