Is there any treatment I can use to get rid of burrs in my lawn? Ouch!

LandsharkinncMary Barnett HowardJanet Pizaro

We recently bought a new home and every time we walk out on our lawn we track in spiky burrs. Inevitably I find them with my bare feet! Please help - I do not have the greenest thumb. Is there something I can do to get rid of these?

• Mary Barnett Howard

Dimension 2 EW Herbicide. It is expensive, but it works! Just under a cup treats our 10,000 sq ft back yard. We have tried a myriad of products over the years, and every tool imaginable. It does not harm our St. Augustine nor our post oak trees. One treatment got rid of the majority of sand burrs two years ago. Last year, we had to re-seed Bermuda in our sunny areas, due to some landscaping, so we didn't use it. We had a small patch of burrs return, so we treated the whole back yard again a week or so ago. It also controls other weeds in your lawn.
  • Landsharkinnc

they are also easily brought back in when you walk in your neighborhood and get a spur on your shoe sole --- keep vigilant with herbicides and you'll eventually get them under control -