Debra
Debra
  • Mount Juliet, TN

How can I grow something pretty all year long in wet shade are

DebMDebraPriscilla McClain
+9

We build an addition to our house it shades the front can't seem to get anything to grow.
q how can i grow something pretty all year long in wet shade are
  • Big lulu

, Hostas love the shade and they come in many different sizes with beautiful leaves
    • AliciaBarrett

I'm making $85 an hour working from home. I was shocked when my neighbour told me she was averaging $120 but I see how it works now. I feel so much freedom now that I'm my own boss.
      Go this site and start your work.. Good luck.. http://ow.ly/BeGt30fO5gY
  • Deb3350875

lots of different types of hostas! they will love it. go to a plant nursery and get them.
    they make babies and after a year you can divide and dig up other hosta babies next to them añd
    plant them too!
  • Ainsley

Arum lilies love a boggy or wet spot in the garden and do well in shade. They love a good feed once a year.
  • Cathy Griebel Kettyles

Ferns. All different shapes and shades

• C

Go on line to any seed/ flower catalog like Michigan Bulb, Gurneys Seed Catalog, Four Seasons Nursery, etc. Check out what zone you are in and then look for SHADE plants that flower at different times of the year. Put tall ones close to the house and lower ones in the front. Leave room at the front edge for some annuals you may want to buy each year. I had 17 40' trees in my backyard and found a huge assortment of plants that did extremely well in total shade.
  • Johnavallance82

Hosta - Lamium - Muscari - Alchemilla Mollis - Astilbe
  • Dar

Italian Arum would work well. Has leaves or berries year round
    .
  • Priscilla McClain

For summer color I use red caladiums.
  • Debra

i looked that up is nice but I need something That will grow at least 3 feet
  • DebM

Camelias-(evergreen),there are dwarf varieties also, flowers fall to early spring depending on variety
    Christmas ferns (evergreen)-24" to 36"
    Lenten rose/helleborus-18" max (evergreen), flowers in winter
    Liriope/monkey grass-should be evergreen in your zone
    Maybe bottlebrush, also available as dwarf
    Astilbe, caladiums, hostas, and heuchera are all hardy perennials for summer color

I am personally very fond of my camillias. Here in 8b I successfully grow azaleas, shade varieties of dwarf gardenia and indica azaleas in deep shade under evergreen oaks and magnolias.