How do you over winter geraniums

EmilyLisa S.Janet Pizaro

re-pot them in the next size container,spray the leaves with horticultural oil,bring indoors and place in a bright location
  • Lisa S.

Cut off the blooms that remain, and cut the plants back some, but not much. Place mothballs on the top of soil with a bag overnight, to chase away any bugs . Bring in and place in the sun- if you have a spot. I took some of mine into my office as I have a big window. In previous years, I placed them in my unheated garage, but close up to the wall that is shared with the house. I watered them regularly while in the garage. There are some small windows in the garage door. But they don't get a lot of light. They were a bit sad looking in the spring, but the perked u right away out in the sun the following spring. If yo have them in a garage or such, don't feed them in the winter.
  • Emily

I just bring mine indoors and place in a window. So far so good and actually I have had them in both heated and unheated rooms.