How do I clean a glass shower doors have tried many things

Chubby58KenJewellmartin
+10

make a mixture and white vinegar and water,add a dab of blue dawn dish soap,and a dab of jet dry
  • Ken

Cannot answer without knowing what you have tried and has failed. Otherwise you waste our time giving you answers that you already have. Is it white calcium buildup that is causing your headache?
  • Cheryl A

Mr Clean magic erasers do a great job use them in my cleaning business every day
  • Lisa S.

Put 5% plain white vinegar (store brand) in a spray bottle , and spray away. It will take off that which comes from hard water.
  • NCbulldoglover

I scrub with Barkeepers Friend and then remember to squeegee it when I shower.
  • Wee12497073

#1. Use dryer fabric softener sheets as our cleaning rag.
    #2. Use the white foam Mr. Clean pads when the doors are wet. You can do this method
    After you shower.
    #3. Kaboom REALLY works. Easy to use. Follow directions. The Fumes are really bad
    though. But it’s not something you’ll be using everyday. Open a window. Turn on
    Vent/fan. Or open bathroom door. All 3 if possible. I use it on my 45yr old
    fiberglass shower stall and it looks like new when im done. Even brings back the
    shine. If I were more ambitious I would put a good coat of car wax on it after I
    Clean it!
    i wonder if you can wax glass doors to keep them clean longer. ???
  • Jewellmartin

I use the simplest shampoo with no added ingredients and a soft scrubber sponge. Once it is clean, I rinse it completely, including the track at the bottom. Then I use a plastic squeegee every single time I shower to prevent scum and soap buildup for a long time. 😇💞
  • Ken

No doubt. What have you tried? Janet's mixture should work just fine on calcium buildup. Let us know if it has not done the job and what the material that won't come off looks like. I had something on my cast iron tub when I moved in and vinegar didn't do a thing. Turned out it was a "mold encapsulant", paint-like clear product that was no longer clear. Telling us what you have tried will help us advise you on your next step.
  • Ken

Looks like you are overdue to try the white vinegar solution. Do give that a go and let us know if there is still residue left on your glass. With all that you have tried already a simple spray and wipe should clean it right off.
  • Chubby58

I tried everything on my glass shower doors and they still had a film on them that look like it was etched into the glass forever. We took ours completely out and added a shower curtain. It was that simple.