Rose
Rose
  • Louisville, KY

Can i convert a regular sofa to a sofa sleeper

BenSusan Cosgrove BishopSto9987562
+5

• Big lulu

No, not in the traditional fold out sleeper way. You can remove the back cushions and put a sheet over the bottom cushions. This is suitable for one person that's not too big.

If you want a sleeper sofa you'll need to purchase one. Or get a futon or a blow up mattress.
  • 27524803

I don't think so... it takes special framework to make it function correctly... and some of them are not very comfortable... do you need to add extra beds for guest or when the "kids" come to visit... there are a lot of new styles of bunk beds for adults (full over queen, queen over queen, etc.) maybe one of those will add the temporary sleeping arrangements that you need.
  • I would think finding the parts to do that might be difficult. And most sleepers have a hollow back rest so that part of the bed stores up in there when not in use. I am sure if you search to net enough you could find someone who did it.
  • Donna L. Woolman

NO
  • Sto9987562

i don’t believe you can retro fit a sleeper into a regular sofa. Sleeper sofas are made especially for this
  • Susan Cosgrove Bishop

I think it’s possible. I have an Ethan Allen sleeper sofa and the same style loveseat. I also am an experienced upholsterer but I hate the way my sleeper sits and we rarely use it for guests because it is not comfortable. I’m thinking I need four cross pieces from front to back with seat Spring bases which is my problem. Need to see if I can find a resource for them. I have taken the loveseat down to the frame so I can see how it is done and possibly follow that design. I’m hoping it works and I find a resource. I’ll post photos later if it works.

• Ben

Yes you can. If there is a will, then there is a way. I have done it with several couches, and works just as good.

You need to start with a couch that if you destroy it, then it would be okay.

Plan, and put a lot of thought into it before hand. It is simple.

There are many ways to do it. If you want to do it with one hand and like traditional Sofa, then it can be done, but it is not worth the time or headache.

But if you have a nice couch, and want to convert it NOT in traditional way, then you can.

This conversion is good for people that they have RVs, and they have a extra couch and want to convert it to bed. Then it is a right choice.

I don't have printed plans, but if you live in California, I can help you, and help you to convert it. it will take only couple of days.

• Angel Rodrigues

Omg I’m in California and. Want to convert mine do you charge I’m in sanfernando valley 818 740 2400 angel please text me