How to clean hardwood floors

JackiKelly Denoyer RussellJanet Panos
+4

• Sto9987562

the absolute best way is to use a mop made by Norwex. Water only! It leaves no streaks, no hazy film when dry. And it’s such a minimal amount of water that it drys super quick! In the past I used Murphy’s oil soap and on my hands and knees washed and dried. It made the flloors so slippery that it was boarderline dangerous. So no more chemicals for me!
    the Norwex products are only available thru sales reps, not in stores, but they are easy to find. Look into them and other products they carry you will not be disappointed
  • Catherine Anspaugh

I use Murphy's Oil Soap on mine. Use according to label instructions and then mop again with clean water.

Depending if there is old residue from past cleaners,wash with white vinegar and water 50/50 with a micro -fiber cloth.If not and the floors are in good condition use the wood care floor system by Bona .Murphys oil soap is not a favorite as it leaves a oily residue on the floor
  • Janet Panos

My floor looks good and I get compliments about my floor when I use Buona floor cleaning products for hardwood.
  • Kelly Denoyer Russell

Damp Microfiber mop. Sometimes I'll spray a little vinegar or windex on it. NEVER use any wood floor polishes or cleaners on it especially if it's not a true wood slab floor. If you have those prefab wood planks that fit together they have a finished top and all those made for wood floors will coat and dull them. Then you have a true nightmare ahead of you to remove layers stuck on top.
  • Jacki

I use Bono for wood floors. Just spray and mop. Vinegar diluted with water is too acid for the finish,I have heard.