Asked on Oct 10, 2017

How to cover this hole in my door

FlipturnJanice GriefnowMichele Pappagallo


how cover this hold
7 answers
  • Janet Pizaro
    on Oct 11, 2017

    hole....what is the item the photo is very dark
  • Catherine Anspaugh
    on Oct 11, 2017

    What is the door made of?
  • Linda Sikut
    on Oct 11, 2017

    Is it a vinyl folding door or a drape/curtain?
  • Joyce Scott
    on Oct 11, 2017

    Your door appears to be a hollow core door. I have only seen this tackled by a friend one time. He went to his local Lowe's Home Improvement store where he purchased a small kit designed to patch drywall aka sheetrock. I think it included some self adhesive mesh and some "mud. He used the kit to repair the door and by sanding after each of two applications and being careful to feather the edges, it came out rather nice when the door was repainted. His next renter never noticed.
  • Michele Pappagallo
    on Oct 11, 2017

    To be very honest with you, it may be easier to just replace the door with another hollw core door. You can usually find these on Craigslist in standard sizes for less than $20. In order to patch it, you would need to buy a patch kit, paint, sandpaper, etc. It would probably be cheaper and much easier to just replace it.
  • Janice Griefnow
    on Oct 12, 2017

    Stuff paper inside hole, just enough so you can apply 2 coats of fast set drywall patch, sponge texture last coat before it dries. Prime and paint door.
  • Flipturn
    on Oct 15, 2017

    Pappagallo has a good point. Materials and tools are not cheap.
Your comment...