How to keep the giant roaches (I moved to Florida recently) away?

LauraBinkMeri Jane Beyer
+4

• Dau29275810

b0ric acid around the foundation and along the borders inside the house helps the small ones hopefully it would help the large ones as well.
  • Dau29275810

also bay leaves around will keep them out of draws and pocketbook etc. Good to use in suitcases when traveling
  • Meri Jane Beyer

I've never tried it, but I have read that cedar mulch around the house helps.
  • Bink

They are palmetto bugs and my momcould not get rid of them. Everything and I mean EVERYTHING was put in plastic containers. A neighbor cut down a small tree and it was loaded .with a mass of the bugs and they all ran into her house. She eventually moved!
  • Laura

I have had the best luck with “hotshot” which has boric acid in it which is very effective at Lowes and Home Depot. Outside keep bushes cut back from house and cuttings and leaves cleaned up as they like hot wet moldy areas.
  • Laura

Sorry I use diametaceous earth under house and by entry. I don’t think you should sprinkle boric acid on planting’s because it can kill chameleons which eat bugs