What could I put into my house plants to grow fuller?

Chubby58Stephanie MitchellStephanie Witkowski Posey
+5

That depends on which plants and your location.Here in Ny fertilization is not recommended during this season as the plants are not actively growing
  • Ken

more light
  • Martha

And food. If you don't want to buy indoor plant food, you can dissolve a little bit of epsom salt in the water. Leftover cold tea is good for ferns.
  • Sandra Allen

I get them the plant food sticks you can get at the Dollar Tree. Make sure they are in the right part of the house for sun/shade. And this guide will help, too.

• Stephanie Witkowski Posey

What kind of plants? Different plants respond to different methods.
  • Stephanie Mitchell

What kind of plants are we talking about? My pothos I take out the small leaf starting at the end this tends to make them closer and therefore fuller looking. Also take cuttings of the plant and root it in water and add it to the inside part of the planter.
  • Stephanie Mitchell

A cheap fertilizer is coffee grounds that have been used and cooled. Egg shells, and tea leaves or bags which ever you use. You can put the items into a jar and leave it set for a while and water your African Violets with it. Or any other plant. Use the items directly on the plant, except the African violets, all of them respond to the mixture.

You can also incorporate the items in the soil before you repot your plants.
  • Chubby58

I have found that if you let your plants get too long stems on them the middle will not fill out, especially philodendron. Make sure you cut off the long trailing vines and re-root them. It will make your plant fuller in the middle.