L. Risor
L. Risor
  • Mexia, TX

Happy Camper I painted...

I had a blast painting this fun little vintage camper inside and out, for a client who had decorated the inside Victorian. See more photos here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.463097040389614.106339.100000679654996&type=1&l=b79da62850
happy camper i painted, curb appeal, diy, painting, I designed and painted it to imply a Victorian painted lady complete with gazing ball porch swing flowers and two pretty kitties
I designed and painted it to imply a Victorian painted lady, complete with gazing ball, porch swing, flowers, and two pretty kitties
happy camper i painted, curb appeal, diy, painting, Porch rail cat I painted close up
Porch rail cat I painted close up
happy camper i painted, curb appeal, diy, painting, I painted the awning to resemble a patio table which I also painted complete with lemonade and one chair cushion painted to conceal the top of the air conditioner
I painted the awning to resemble a patio table, which I also painted complete with lemonade... and one chair cushion painted to conceal the top of the air conditioner
happy camper i painted, curb appeal, diy, painting, I painted the back of the trailer with a bike and fly rod to ride to catch trout and I concealed the lights by painting them to look like flower pots and sewer hose to look like sidewalk
I painted the back of the trailer with a bike and fly rod to ride to catch trout, and I concealed the lights by painting them to look like flower pots, and sewer hose to look like sidewalk
happy camper i painted, curb appeal, diy, painting, Fish and creel I painted close up
Fish and creel I painted close up
happy camper i painted, curb appeal, diy, painting, Back I painted to tell the story of the client and her grandma who the trailer is named for
Back I painted to tell the story of the client and her grandma who the trailer is named for
happy camper i painted, curb appeal, diy, painting, Pie in the window
Pie in the window
happy camper i painted, curb appeal, diy, painting, Before
Before
happy camper i painted, curb appeal, diy, painting, In progress
In progress

• Maggie Hilton

We think what you have created is fantastic. We have a unique hotel on the isle of wight and want to created a special place to serve snacks and coffees and this would be ideal . Not sure where you are based , but would be really interested if you could help Please email at info@enchantedmanor.co.uk if you have an ideas Enchanted wishes Maggie and Ric

• Che6650407

I love your work! Artwork that fools the eye and makes me look closer is the best!

• Linda Darling-Coonrad

What did you do to prime the surface. What kind of paint. Does it needs clear coat

• Ccabales

I'm working on a vintage trailer for a "craft " store I want to know what kind of paint did you use and did you need to seal it? By the way it's perfect great job

• Merridee

what a nice job love the theme of vintage cut with cat, wheelbarrel and awaning everything lovely, would have loved to see inside of it too.

• Cho7698153

What kind of paint did you use, will it not chip off, did you put a protective coating on top? I, 76 years, with a 1983 , 17 ft. trailer that I've done creative things inside, and in the spring I'm thinking of painting this trailer a nice yellow, and with black poka dots, with yellow door. Likely flower boxes under each side of the 2 windows. ( maybe wild flowers in the back with a special 4 ft. or so butterfly.) And a big frog, laying down relaxing, in the lilly pads. for the front.) I'm not an artist, so will have to find someone in Portland, Oregon... Do you have an idea how to do the black poka dots so they will be perfectly round? And any other suggestions I am wide open to.. thanks again. granny with ideas!

• Shawna Bailey

Use a stencil for the polka dots.

• Cho7698153

what kind of paint did you use? Did you do the painting yourself? Would you send your email address? to choosetochange2013@gmail.com Jean

• Cho7698153

I've been wanting to talk to someone who painted their trailer! Jean

• Diena Cameron

Choosetochange2013, why not use a dinner plate (or saucer) and use a black marker to trace the circle and then go back in with a durable metal paint to fill in circles ? I wish I was up in Portland to help you but I'm down in North bend, Oregon and it's too far for me to travel. Maybe contact your local U of Portland University art dept. and maybe one of the students would like to volunteer. Good luck and be sure and post pics of your progress, i for one would love to see it.
    • Barbara Woods Baylis

I was going to recommend dinnerplates or anything round that will make the sizepolka dot your looking for. You can also use coloring books and enlarge (example frog) to transfer the drawing on to your trailer and paint him out. One doesn't have to be an artist to paint. Love these whimsical little trailers. A friend and I were thinking about taking an old boat to fix up like that to rent in the harbor where we moored our boat. We never followed through with our thoughts. After seeing this it would have been fun! Good luck.
    • Mir17429647

See Ellie Yeader's trailer redo. Hometalk.com. She did polka dots in her second trailer makeover! Very talented young lady!

• Sandie Rittner

I am curious as well on what kind of paint you used! It is so beautiful! I am going to paint my ol camper to look like a log cabin after my research on paint. thank you!!

• Lisa

I am simply speechless. I have never seen anything like this in my life. It belongs in the Smithsonian in some kind of section of American folk art. I'm serious. This is remarkable! Congratulations!

• Shi3154831

I love it! Great job!