Barb
Barb
  • Canada

Could you use nail polish to decorate a pumpkin?

BarbLori RainesKor24924493
+4

After watching people do vases etc, wondered how to add interest to a pumpkin...

• Donna L. Woolman

Depends how glossy the shell-skin is.
  • Tammy

You can use the same technique for a pumpkin. You need a bowl of water, make sure the water is warm too hot, and will your nail polish on top. Swirl the object you wish to marbleize through the nail polish.
  • Kor24924493

Sure why not. Just don't eat it afterwards.
  • Barb

Think I will try on a mini one first, even have some glow in the dark polish!
  • Lori Raines

1St I filled a container with water (large enough to fit your pumain in )
    2nd wash the pumpkin with 15 drops of dõTerra lemon ESSENTIAL OIL'S & water & water.
    3Rd dump nail polish in the container of water. Making swerls with a stick in the container of polish &water. Yes, the Polish will float on top of water.
    4th holding pumpkin by it's stem, dip into the container of water and polish .1 side @ a time., rotating the pumpkin slightly. REPEAT on other side.
    I use this method to dip coffee cups &they turned out beautiful. I'm going to be doing gourds this year. My grandchildren are carving out the pumpkins. Have fun!
    HAPPY HALLOWEEN ;-)
  • Barb

Great idea for kid crafting... thanks!