Cleaning bamboo floors

2dogalMary from IdahoSharon
+5

I have light bamboo wood floors which have become splotchy and dirty looking. What can I do without hiring the professionals?

• 2dogal

Try Murphy Oil Soap - it's for wood. It comes premixed in a spray bottle or in a concentrate that you can mix. It leaves a soft shine, not oily.
  • Sharon

Did the poly coating get damaged? I use Bona cleaner on my clients floor after vacuuming it up cause they have a lot of pine needs, and once in awhile I use vinegar and water although I don't like to do this regularly as it can take the shine off the finish.
    • Cpa30233712

I don't know if it is damaged or not. It is possible though. I did try Bona, but I have to admit I did not try the full scope of the product line that they recommend. Wish you were closer!
  • Mary from Idaho

White Vinegar diluted w/water.
  • 2dogal

So sorry to hear - what products have you used before? Can you go to the manufacturer - or a good flooring specialist and ask them what to use? Maybe taking a picture or two would help.