Pat Grassley
Pat Grassley
  • Fort Worth, TX

How do I get the dye odor out of new jeans without bleaching out?

CindySharonRoxaneg
+3

wash them in baking soda
  • Soak in white vinegar, then wash inside out in cold water, air dry. I never put my jeans in the dryer, ever, makes them fade.
  • Linda Sikut

Here are several suggestions of different ingredients that have helped others with this problem. I hope you can find an answer here;

BTW, sometimes Vinegar, like Naomie said, work on the first try, but for a lot of people it doesn't help at all. There is hope though, although some people want to take them back to the store to let the stores know that we won't put up with that "crap".
  • Roxaneg

Try soaking them in a vinegar solution. Then wash. You may have to repeat the vinegar soak, but vinegar is regularly used to neutralize odors, so it will eventually come out in the wash.
  • Sharon

Try 1/2 of 20 Mule Team Laundry Borax or white vinegar to the wash.
  • Cindy

I'm not sure what dye odor is but I would try putting them thru a wash cycle with just plain soap. Use a drier sheet when drying.