Fall Wreath

$45

Learn how to make a gorgeous fall wreath LIVE this Saturday at 10 AM EST!

Lets get started;
Begin by placing three pipe cleaners in each of the 6 sections. What I do is place one in the middle of the two inner rings, and them two on either side of the outer two rings. I like to use two ringe because it helps to support the pipe cleaner and stabilize it.
Here's what it looks like with all 18 pipecleaners on the wreath. You can buy these premade, however they can get pricy.
Next cut 15 inch strips of the mesh, and gather together to create a bow tie or ruffle. Place on in each of the pipecleaners.
Here it is placed in the pipe cleaner.
Once you have the entire wreath covered in Mesh, add little clumps of raffia to each section.
Here's what the wreath looks like with the mesh and raffia.
Next add your desired ribbons. I cut my 2.5 inch 10" long, and my 1.5" 16 inches long. I created a little loop with the 1.5" ribbon.
Here's how I created the little loop. Simply pinching a small central loop.
Once all your ribbons are in place, fluff them and spread the loops and tails a part.
At this point, feel free to remove the pipe cleaners or bend them back into the wreath. I used beige so they would not stand out against the mesh.
Voila! A gorgeous wreath you can display through Thanksgiving.

We want to help you DIY, so some of the materials in this post are linked to sellers. Just so you know, Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.

4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas
3 Great Ideas To Easily Upgrade Your Window
Nick Kreticos

• Sandy Hawthorne Moore
    Sandy Hawthorne Moore

How would it stay if you removed the pipe cleaners? Do you mean remove the excess?
  • Joan LaMunyon
    Joan LaMunyon

how wide is the mesh ribbon stripes
  • Cheryl Reiller-Sutton
    Cheryl Reiller-Sutton

I love this wreath, but quick question. At the end, when you attached the ribbon, do you rely solely on the pipe cleaners to hold them on the wreath? Or do you have to attach the ribbons together first? Thank you

• Deb30005263
    Deb30005263

I really don't want to ask a question I just want to let you know that's beautiful
  • Tina Reynolds
    Tina Reynolds

You did a beautiful job! You can get a lot of the supplies at the Dollar Tree. If they don't have them in stock, check them online. I made an Easter one fairly inexpensively, compared to what they sell for.