Hi, how can I get rid of moths in my kitchen cupboards ?

Allison NewbyRob192712002dogal
+4

Remove any open boxes of food and discard,wash the pantry out with white vinegar,and place pantry moth traps inside by safer
    • Den10006027

Thanks Janet , we don't have moth traps where I live in Europe I guess I'll check the Internet and see if anyone delivers them to Eu..... Tania
  • Dianacirce70

Wash all unopened jars and cans in hot, soapy water. Use a toothpick to check for eggs or larvae in the cracks around the lids of jars. Wash the inside of the pantry or cabinet with soap and water, then with a weak bleach solution. Rinse with a mixture of water, vinegar, and peppermint oil to kill eggs and repel moths.
  • 2dogal

They are coming from beans, unshelled nuts, etc. in your pantry. I always freeze my beans and unshelled peanuts (I make my own peanut butter) for a couple days, to kill any eggs or larva, then transfer everything to glass jars - even my chocolate bits. No matter how clean the product is coming from the grocery store, it still has the potential to have eggs or larva.
  • Rob19271200

I don't know of a homemade remedy, but I purchased a product that has a sticky surface and can be placed right in the cupboard . Try Maynard's.
  • Allison Newby

Throw away all the things that they fly out of. Probably has larvae in them. Flour, cookies, crachers, etc. Also, consider putting these items in the fridge to be stored or freezer . The cupboards might not be getting enough air flow which aids in bugs reproduction. Good luck