How do get rusty screws out.

Chubby58Tom RhodesDel30528402
+2

• Grammy G

I used machine oil which is heavier than cooking oil. It did work but I bet I spent more than 3 or 4 dollars before we finally got it out.
  • Liz Toone

make s paste of baking soda and white vinegar and apply it to the screws. Leave it be for an hour or so and then come back Barnes will that hold toothbrush or something similar and scrub the screwheads. Hopefully this will loosen the screws enough so that you're able to remove them.
  • Del30528402

But a screw reverse tool at a Lowes type store ... works 99% of the time
  • Tom Rhodes

Depends on how small the screws are. There is a tool called an easy out where you drill a hole in the center of the screw and twist the easy out into the screw (it has a reverse thread) which will enable you to twist the screw out. Spray it with penetrating rust buster first.
  • Chubby58

Try putting a rubberband over the screw and see if you can work it out with the screwdriver.