How to safely get old hairspray off wooden doors and cabinets

Del30528402Janet PizaroLiz Toone
+2

I have a small bathroom and spray my hair every day which gets on the door and cabinets and even the walls. I wipe things down with water but it discolors the wood if I scrub too much.

• Penny Taylor

The first thing to do is to clean everything really well, then when all is dry coat the wood with a satin polyurethane to seal the wood. A satin coat of paint on the walls will help make cleanup easier also. Or you can do what I do and stick my head into the shower area and then spray my hair. Hope this helps.
  • Penny Taylor

Forgot, if the grain of the wood is raised a little from the cleaning, before you coat it with the polyeurethane, sand a little with a fine grit sandpaper. Wipe dust off with a damp rag, not wet wet, then apply coating.
  • Liz Toone

Have you tried Murphy's Oil?
  • Del30528402

Use a bucket of warm water with a small amount of Dawn and a microfiber cloth ... wipe down without scrubbing several times ... then wipe with clean cloth dipped in clean water (only)