BJ Schafer
BJ Schafer
  • Casper, WY

I need a good paint or a paint mixture that can be used on upholstery!

JessJanet PizaroBobbie
+7

We purchased an old camper to revamp. The upholstery on the booth type table seats and backs is in very good shape but faded and out of style. There are no rips or tears so I'm wanting to just clean it up. Need suggestions!

• Jess

I'm not sure how much upholstery you have to paint, but I can tell you from my experience, Liquitex is a great brand for painting pretty much anything, including fabric. It's used in a lot of silk screening and I use it myself on clothing. The cheapest, if you have a large area to cover, isthe Liquitex Basics line. They also have a Fabric Medium that thins the paint out, helps with the workability/flow on fabric & reduces the stiffness of the paint once dry. I was just on there site, and they now carry spray paint, which might also be a good option. The site has so many resources to check out to find the best option for your needs. They're also great at answering questions. Liquitex.com. Good luck!
    • BJ Schafer

Do you get this on line or is there a retailer who carries Liquitex Basic? Thank you so much!
    • BJ Schafer

What a great tutorial ! Thank you so much for taking the time to answer! I never dreamed I could use acrylic craft paint. I'm hoping Hobby Lobby has the fabric medium. That's the only place I have to shop in this small town. Thanks again,  Barb Schafer
  • Sti21679830

try fabric paint,,,ebay , Michaels, Joann, Hobby Lobby. Foam brush..Think Monet
  • Bobbie

I agree with Jess...Liquitex brand is fantastic to work with and the results are always good!!
    • BJ Schafer

Thank you Bobbie, you are all so wonderful to take time to answer! 🤗 Barb Schafer

remember paints are also available to purchase on-line
  • Jess

If you have a Michaels or an AC Moore around, I believe their Liquitex Basics line is on sale this week. I know you can order online from Michaels, not sure about AC Moore.

Also, even if you can't find the Fabric Medium, you can always thin the paint out with water.