Covering Plastic Containers

AmandaDesertRosePpo27016769
+11

I want to upcycle some plastic containers (yogurt, peanut butter, buttery spread, etc.). How and with what do I cover them? Or, should I just paint them? Any and all ideas are gratefully appreciated. Thank you for your time.

• DesertRose

You could cover them with contact paper, it comes in so many choice designs now.
    • Ppo27016769

This sounds interesting. What kind of store should have the best selection? (Yes, I'm really this helpless. Lol) Thanks, again.
  • Michele Pappagallo

You can paint them, cover them with colorful duct tape, decoupage fabric onto them, glue small beads or shells or sparkly jewels onto them. Lots of fun things to make them look special. Have fun!
    • Ppo27016769

I'm completely outclassed! Where do I shop for these things? Thank you, once again.
  • Scrap book paper, wrapping paper, fabric, contact paper or paint! And spend some time in a fabric or craft store looking for pretty embellishments. Here is what I did with some tin cans.

• Dfm

i used duct tape and electricians tape- the ones in color. now i have a nice little canister set for my camper.
  • Cynthia H

A fun one I didn't see mentioned, is burlap & cotton clothesline. Burlap is easy to attach to any container. Also you can glue the cotton rope to the outside going in a circular pattern, using hot glue. Here is a link to one of my favorite sites:

I think it depends on what you plan on using them for
  • Ppo27016769

All of you were just terrific! You got right on this as though it were truly important. I've saved dozens of ideas from this site as so many of you are so creative and I just look at things and wonder "what if."
  • DesertRose

Walmart has a section of contact paper, you might try Hobby Lobby, and Kmart stores. I usually always get mine at Walmart as we are in an area with limited shopping. You might find a design online even under the walmart online shopping section. I find MANY things in Walmart online we do not have in town and many to most have free shipping to the home, all will ship free to the store and you pick it up. Hope you find what you like!
  • DesertRose

I get mine at Walmart, but I am sure places like Hobby Lobby and other craft stores might carry some. Kmart used to carry it, they may still. I would check home improvement stores too. Some have it.
  • Amanda

You could always spray paint the containers then paint or stencil onto the containers. With spray painting you’d have a nice solid palette to start with for the next step of design!