Redo ideas needed

+13
Received these for free. I need ideas on how to refurbish or repurpose them.
q redo ideas needed
  • Do you know the maker/is there any distinguishing marks on the bottom? I think you should research them a little as refurbishing may decrease their value. If you find that they are not worth much, you could then perhaps paint them over ( I think a metallic might look nice.)
  • Wow! I think they are lovely as is. Check for maker marks and see if they have any value. If not, paint or modpodge away!
  • Amanda Amanda on Oct 12, 2017
    Hi Alisa. They are beautiful. You could glue a plate to the top of them. Then you could make a candle arrangement on them, put fruit on them, use as a cake or cupcake server.
  • Billie Joy Eller Billie Joy Eller on Oct 12, 2017
    Don't do a thing with them if you don't like them I'll trade you for cut like glass ones

• Jean Jean on Oct 12, 2017
    I agree - I would confirm that they're copies first, and I would either leave them as is, or use clear silicone caulk to mount them on a fiestaware-style plate (cobalt or yellow) with pretty tea cups or something to use as jewelry holders, or a smaller plate to use for kitchen display/storage.

I don't even like the style, but they strike me as truly fine examples!
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Oct 12, 2017
    If you do not care for them and do not care if they have value,paint them to you liking
  • Emily Emily on Oct 12, 2017
    Do not touch them. They are beautiful. Sell them if you don't like them. Check for hall marks.
  • Candace Candace on Oct 15, 2017
    Bookends
  • Fauxgal Fauxgal on Oct 15, 2017
    I love them! Would buy. However, you could always make them legs to a glass platter. But I would love to have them!
  • Rini Rini on Oct 15, 2017
    They are AWESOME!!! Don't touch them!
  • Lynne Schuepbach Lynne Schuepbach on Oct 15, 2017
    Actually they're quite outstanding and unusual. they could be used as legs for a small display or desert stand if you don't like them for candles, but before you detroy them, make sure someone else doesn't desire them as-is.
  • Uno19359747 Uno19359747 on Oct 15, 2017
    Lamps would be cute. Look up It's value on ebay.
  • Alisa Howard Alisa Howard on Nov 08, 2017
    One was broken and some sort of silver solder was used to repair it. I am sure that lowered any value it may have previously had.