How to clean plastic top on a yeti cooler that has become cloudy?

Hillela G.PJ WiseJanet Pizaro
+2

I asked earlier about the plastic top on a yeti cooler that has become cloudy film and the PERSON who answered made a smug comment about washing the lid. I wash the lid by hand or in the dishwasher, so was not happy with answer

• Plastic can get cloudy over time and excessive exposure to sunlight. Yeti is a premium expensive brand. I would contact the manufacturer and see what they suggest. Who knows (I can't afford one, but check your warranty), they may even replace it for you.
  • KattywhampusLOL

Hello Jrjuggles2000, I am sorry someone got snarky with you, and all I can do is hope it wasn't a HOMETALK HELPER (we have stars next to our names).
    I am going to post a few things below that I do hope can be of help to you. Personally, I have no idea what a Yeti cooler is, but I do have a link here for you that may allow you to purchase a new plastic lid:
    Well! I found out WHAT a Yeti cup is and WHY folks will pay what they do to be the owner of one!
    So MAYBE this will help clear up the problem; I do hope so:
    GOOD LUCK Jrjuggles2000! And thank you for returning to HOMETALK so I could have the oppoprtunity to help you and learn something new myself ;)

yes most are,sorry....
  • PJ Wise

I would definitely give a call to YETI and discuss the issue with them. I found their warranty policy (follows) as well as the phone number for the company: Call at 512-394-9384 Monday – Friday 8:00 AM– 5:30 PM CT

What is the YETI warranty policy?
    All products manufactured by YETI are warranted against defects in material and workmanship for 3-5 years purchased after Jan 1, 2012, activated upon purchase. Proof of purchase is required. This warranty applies only to the original owner. This warranty is void if the cooler is used commercially (a for-profit business), structurally altered, or subjected to stress beyond the physical limits of the materials used in body or components, or is damaged as a result of abnormal use. Normal wear and tear is not warranted. This warranty does not include any manufacturer responsibility for any incidental or consequential damages resulting from the use of the cooler.
  • Hillela G.

Best of luck :)