Pet urine stain

Gail Cummings21410000919Nancy Turner
+1

i have a thick white jute rug in my dining room. I was out of town for a few days and wen I came back I found that our foster dog was urinating on it The rug is quite thick so the puddles were still a bit damp. I followed all the directions regarding blotting, using vinegar and baking soda. Now the stains on t rug are even larger. It seems that the wetter I got the spot the larger it became. After a few days I took it outside and cleaned a bit more hoping that the sun might bleach the stain. No luck. At this point it is probably a lost cause. The rug was a bit pricey and less than a year old. Any suggestions?
q pet urine stain
  • Roxaneg

To be honest, if I did all of the regular things and didn't get the results I needed, I'd go to the source and ask them. https://www.sisalrugs.com/how-to-clean-jute-rugs

They have a spot cleaning kit and a dry cleaning kit and best of all, a phone number. They probably have someone who can help. I'm sure all the success can be found in something they can sell you, but I've learned over the years that you should have the right tool for the job.

Good luck!
  • Nancy Turner

Is the jute rug the kind that you would be able to take outside and use the hose? I would try wetting it from the stain out, to see if using a lot of water may flush it out. If it seems to get lighter, keep trying to flush it and make sure to do both sides, let it drain out for a while and check it again. Repeat as necessary if it seems to be working.
  • 21410000919

i did that. Honestly, the stains got bigger. I am thinking that tomorrow I will drench the entire rug and see what happens. maybe I'll get lucky and the stains will run together and I'll have a creative pattern.
  • Gail Cummings

I have tried everything and nothing will work when a dog pees on your carpet or beautiful rug.. I have tried everything... if u ever find anything email me at gghcgail@yahoo.com... thanks.