Iggy
Iggy
  • Clearwater, FL

Carpet glue stain on terrazzo.

Betty Hoyle RudoJanet PizaroChristierei
+5

I removed the carpeting from my living room and found terrazzo in perfect condition. I was able to remove the carpet glue and the carpet tack strip, however there is some staining where the glue was, has anyone had success removing the stains? I do not plan on having them refinished as pretty as the high polish looks. Any diy solutions?

• Hillela G.

You can try sanding them bck
    • Iggy

Problem is terrazzo is so porous that even though I tried sanding it made little difference. Thank you.
  • Christierei

I would check out the products made for cleaning granite and marble.
    • Iggy

I asked at Home Depot and they did not have a solution.
    • Iggy

I thought I had checked every site about how to remove, somehow I missed this one. I have some terrazzo cleaner and will give this method a try this weekend. Fingers crossed. Thank you.
  • Betty Hoyle Rudo

I don't have any advice for you, but i just want to say, thanks for saving that terrazzo floor! A friend of mine once covered a huge area of it in her home with vinyl flooring. I almost had a heart attack!
    • Iggy

I know what you mean. I have floating Pergo in the rest of the house and one bedroom floor was damaged from Hurricane Irma and I have been debating about what to do, I am leaning towards just uncovering all the terrazzo in the house. Did have to get a large area rug for the living room as the echoing from the terrazzo was bad. But terrazzo is so easy care I am leaning that way.