Simple and Unique Halloween Skull Vase That Will Impress

$5

There are some things that are just so satisfying to make and this DIY Halloween skull vase is one of them. Not only does this guy have a unique, boney charm to him, but he was extremely easy and fun to make. This skull vase will make a great accent piece at a Halloween party or on your Spooky Halloween mantel!

Everything in this project came from the dollar store. I think I had 4 or 5 bunches of flowers, making the total dollar amount for creating this skeleton vase around $7. (Not too shabby)

Here is what you will need:

A foam skeleton skull

A foam flower form

Some flowers

I also used a little paint on the skull so that he looked a little less Styrofoam-y. The dollar store sells black flowers around Halloween, so if you get these, you can skip spray painting the flowers black. (Although I do like the little bits of color shining through.)

First, hollow out the skull so a foam flower form will fit in the top of his head. I just used a kitchen knife for this. Simply cut an outline and chip away the foam until the hole is your desired size.

Keep digging until the flower foam will fit into your hole.

Next, add a foam flower form in to the hole. You can cut it if needed to make it fit.

Arrange the flowers in the foam by pushing them down so they are held tight. Any kind of flowers can be used to achieve your desired look. You can use red roses, black roses, colorful flowers or spray them black and leave a bit of color behind.

Finally, (optional) add some highlights and shadows to the skull. I just used tan and brown acrylic paint to go over some areas and make him look more boney and less foamy.

Here is our video step by step.

That’s it! I told you it was easy! I would love to see what kind of arrangements you come up with for your Halloween skull vase! If you are interested in trying any more easy DIY projects, check out this easy fall wreath or this tutorial on A Halloween Witch themed mantel!

Don’t forget to subscribe! We are coming up with new DIY ideas all the time!

22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
Get Ready For The Baseball Season With These Great Projects
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
Cassondra