How to Silver Leaf Furniture

I seriously just survived the messiest project I’ve worked on to date. Both myself and my husband were shinier by the end of the project and even my baby monster got in on the fun and decided her feet needed to be silver leafed while she watched me work. I've posted a tutorial about the whole process at http://www.paintyourfurniture.com/how-to-silver-leaf-furniture-the-worlds-messiest-project/
how to silver leaf furniture, painted furniture, This is my yard sale find table that I will be silver leafing
This is my yard sale find table that I will be silver leafing.
how to silver leaf furniture, painted furniture, Supplies
Supplies!
how to silver leaf furniture, painted furniture, A half done shot of the table I don t do a lot of pressing down of the leaf until it s all in place
A half done shot of the table. I don't do a lot of pressing down of the leaf until it's all in place.
how to silver leaf furniture, painted furniture, Once it s all adhered to the surface I use a soft rag to rub it all into place
Once it's all adhered to the surface I use a soft rag to rub it all into place.
how to silver leaf furniture, painted furniture, I end up with a nice shiny finish
I end up with a nice shiny finish!

Questions on this post

Your question...
  1 question

Comments

2 of 9 comments
Next