Natasa
Natasa
  • Elm Park, NY

DIY Knot Pillow

$15

I have been seeing knot pillows around the internet for some time now and I always thought how cool it would be to make one. My plans have always ended there, on a thought, up until now. The knot pillow is originally the creation of Neta Tesler and Knots Studio from Tel Aviv and their price ranges from $265 up. Read on to learn how to make your own.
Click the to check out the blog post with exact measurements and detailed step-by-step tutorial!
diy knot pillow
Make a tube out of the stretchy material 3.65m long and 0.21m wide.
diy knot pillow
Flip the fabric tube face side out. Push one side of the tube through the cardboard tube. Roll the rest of the fabric tube around cardboard tube, wrong side out.
diy knot pillow
Place a small amount of pillow stuffing inside...
diy knot pillow
... and push down with a long object (ruler, baking paper roll) until it reaches the end of the fabric tube. Keep doing this until you have stuffed the whole fabric tube.
diy knot pillow
The last step is to make a knot out of the stuffed tube. We are going to make a knot known as monkey's fist. There is a great tutorial for it . An important note – instead of making three loops as shown in the instructions, make only two. Tuck in the loose ends inside the pillow and attach them to each other using a thread and a needle.

To see more: http://www.unpretentiousme.com/en/diy/knot-pillow-diy/

• Mary Ann Goldberg

Love this - and I haven't seen anything like this previously. Do you leave the cardboard inside the tube before sealing and bending?
    • Natasa

Thanks Mary :) Exactly what Naomie said, just pull the cardboard out when you are done stuffing, as it serves to make the stuffing process easier.
  • Vicki L Keeley

ok this was not in inches so when converted its 14 ft long. that seems like quite a long tube!? I think I made a long enough tube for several pillows!
    • Natasa

Don’t worry, it’s not too big! when you start making a knot, it will all be used :)
  • Judy Weinmann

Where do I find a tutorial on the "monkey fist" knot?
    Judy

• Rembatb

Wow!
  • Blaez

Ok, probably a dumb question, but I'm asking anyway. Why did you stuff it with the material inside out? Unless you were rolling the material up over the stuffing as you went, but looking at the pictures, that doesn't appear to be the case. So, I'm slightly confused. This is awesome by the way and I can't wait to make one!