How do you get the rubber backing off a laminated floor?

Linda SikutRoxanegJanet Pizaro
+4

I put a throw rug in front of my kitchen sink and now the rubber is stuck to my floor. I heard that if you put hot towels on it, it would scrape right off...not!!

• Linda Sikut

Here's an article that will help. It doesn't give a specific product but I would suggest something Goo Gone or WD-40. I would just be careful how I used it. I wouldn't apply a lot until I knew it wouldn't be a problem. If you have extra laminate, test it on that or maybe under a fridge where it won't show. Just to be sure.

Good Luck.

• Teri

I would use a hair dryer first and slowly pull it up as you heat it. I did this to my granddaughters rug in her room which was stuck to the floor.
      Then I used some goo gone to get the last of the residue off. Good luck
  • Ebbjdl

I would be careful what you put on the floor. Call the manufacturer, and ask them, or call a flooring store for their help
  • Johnavallance82

Try WD=40 or Washing Up liquid soap to try to release.........

I would try dabbing the glue with white vinegar and water 50/50
  • Roxaneg

If the GooGone or WD-40 doesn't work, try warm soapy water or baby oil on the rubber. Most laminates can handle a little bit of scrubbing with something like a Scotch-brite pad, but check on a scrap or an inconspicuous spot.
  • Linda Sikut

Didlovehorsers, Teri's answer came to me instead of to you - so I copied and pasted it here so it will come to your email box. :)

TeriShelton, CT 5 hours ago I would use a hair dryer first and slowly pull it up as you heat it. I did this to my granddaughters rug in her room which was stuck to the floor.Then I used some goo gone to get the last of the residue off. Good luck0·Reply