Basement Steps

$50

Our basement steps were in great need of a refreshing. They had a black thick plastic runner on them, and underneath was red paint and transition strips on the edge. Not to mention the years of dirt. My goal was to re-purpose with materials I had on hand as much as possible. Here's how I accomplished that.
This is how the steps looked before I started. They were old looking and really needed a new look.
This is how worn and old the runner was.
I first removed the old runner and the transition strip (This is how worn and old the runner was.) . I then swept and washed the steps (many times) and strip. They needed a good clean.
(You can see the old color) Using the basic painting steps, I taped areas I didn't want to paint. I then primed every other step so that I could go use them. Let them dry and then did the opposite steps. I then painted the same way. I did use two coats of paint.
And here is the finished project. Using materials I had on hand I gave my basement stairs a new look.

• Anti-Slip additive  (Home depot)
  • Paint for porch and patio  (Home depot)
  • Screws  (Home depot)

31 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes